Testing & Laboratory Research Services
Technology and Training Center (TTC)
Formed in early 2011, the TTC is a Washington Department of Health licensed Radiological Materials facility and has been successfully audited by AIHA, HASQARD, Washington State, the City of Richland, and others on its operations.
The nearly 3,000 square-foot facility is equipped with IC, ICP, ICP-MS, IC, GC-MS, comprehensive radioanalytical capabilities, and designated space for standard and sample preparation. It is designed to be a user facility where individuals/vendors from across the region can come together to learn through collaborating in experimentation and training programs and/or by exploring innovative ideas or technologies.
We provide the expertise, the latest instrumentation, and an operating environment designed to promote accelerated learning and innovation. The TTC has been used for analytical training courses and by ATL's 222-S training facility to gain hands-on experience for additional technical staff.
ATL's TTC is located in the Horn Rapids Technical Center in Richland, 15 miles from the 222-S Laboratory (on Hwy 240).
TTC features include:
- ORTEC equipment
- Radiological facility (radioactive material license)
- 2600-square foot facility with room for expansion
TTC capabilities include:
- Full suite analytical services using a variety of state-of-the-art instruments (e.g., Ortec, Canberra, Perkin-Elmer, HP, Agilent, Dionex, Thermo, Horiba Jobin Yvon, ThermoAnalytics)
- Experimental design and technology testing (theory and practice)
- Radioanalytical services (alpha spectrometry, gamma spectrometry, liquid scintillation, alpha/beta)
- Wet chemistry (digestions, separations)
- Inorganic testing (IC, ICP, ICP/MS)
- Organic testing (GC, GC/MS)
- Material testing
- Technology and hands-on instrumentation training at our facility or customer's location